Is Jim Hensley Hitch Worth The Money?
Jim Hensley, the inventor of Hensley Arrow hitch and ProPride 3P, built a simple prototype of his converging link design in 1972 and found it worked effectively. Jim conducted a patent search in 1976 and discovered that there was nothing even remotely similar to his concept. He then decided to devote more time to the Hensley hitch.
When Jim failed to interest anybody in the manufacturing, he instead set up, built, and sold the system himself. The Central Innovative (CII) manufactured the Eliminator Towing System and sold its first one in August of 1992.
In 1993, Jim got an inquiry from Colin Connell about the Eliminator. Colin had purchased an Eliminator and used it on his own 24' Starcraft travel trailer. He was so taken with it that Jim allowed him to license the patent. Colin established Hensley Mfg. Inc. to manufacture and sell the hitch, now known as the "Hensley Arrow® Hitch."
Jim continued developing innovative solutions that were never implemented by Hensley Mfg. The 10-year Vice President of Hensley Mfg., Sean Woodruff, left the firm for this along with many others.
Jim Hensley and Sean Woodruff built the most sophisticated hitch ever - the ProPride 3P®. It was launched in October of 2007.
How much does Jim Hensley hitch cost?
A Jim Hensley Hitch can cost you over $3,600, which is more expensive than a standard anti-sway trailer hitch, which can cost anywhere from $500 to $1,000.
Thinking about buying a new truck that can cost $50,000 and a travel trailer that can cost $70,000 for a combined value of 120,000+? That makes the ProPride 3P® Jim Hensley Hitch a very small percentage of the overall value of the rig.
While many RV owners still choose the cheaper option because they feel they may get something similar for less money, they must be corrected. Cheaper alternatives do not completely solve the problem. They only reduce sway, they do not eliminate it.
The cost of the product comes with additional benefits that are not readily available with standard hitches and it is backed by a Lifetime Warranty. Spending this amount of money for a hitch is worth far more than the purchase price, and it is likely to last much longer.
There is always a cost-effective way to buy it over time. Get it for as low as $117/month. Check out ProPride Hitch Store.
What exactly is a trailer sway?
Trailer sway, or "fishtailing," is when a trailer begins to move from side to side when you reach a certain speed while towing a trailer. It is the most common issue many trailer owners face.
Ask anyone who has hitched a trailer to the rear end of a vehicle and pulled it down the road about trailer sway and you'll be in for an earful of advice and information. The "white knuckle" effect of the trailer moving around behind a vehicle tends to make for a memorable experience.
While wind is the major problem for RVrs, there are still other factors that cause trailer sway. These include towing speed, bow waves that come from passing trucks, bad roads, downhill travel, improper loading, and poor weight distribution.
The ProPride 3P® Jim Hensley Hitch is the most effective way to eliminate sway. It is the most advanced of three Jim Hensley hitches ever produced.
Why is the Jim Hensley Hitch worth the money?
The ProPride 3P® Jim Hensley Hitch is the most advanced trailer sway-eliminating hitch design on the market. Here’s why.
- Pivot Point Projection (3P). The Pivot Point Projection is a technology that operates differently. It eliminates trailer sway caused by passing trucks, high winds, uneven road surfaces, poor trailer design or poor trailer loading, and even driver inputs into the tow vehicle.
- The Pivot Point Projection is attached to the coupler of the trailer. And by attaching the main head to the coupler of the trailer, it locks out the side-to-side movement on the hitch ball. Any side forces on the trailer or any forces into the trailer that attempt to pivot the trailer at the coupler actually are projected forward. By locking the side-to-side movement and projecting the pivot point forward to nearly the rear axle of your tow vehicle, the trailer becomes very solid and very stable.
- High-quality materials. Made with the highest-quality materials available in the industry. Steel is solid and durable, with a well-made design and structure. The patented yoke, unique powder coat, and paint finish, as well as the incredible welding techniques, are all done under careful supervision with established procedures.
- Safety. Having stability eliminates the sway and makes traveling safe, especially when with family. Your family is priceless and safety is your topmost priority. The peace of mind and ease of towing when traveling are good enough to justify the cost.
- Lifetime warranty. The ProPride 3P® is backed by a Lifetime Warranty for the original purchaser's lifetime. We will replace any damaged parts for the original purchaser of the hitch.
- Value. It is yet another example of a high-quality product that can be used for decades. The ProPride 3P® retains its value in the second-hand market, usually selling for over $2000 used.
- Transferability. The ProPride 3P® can be easily removed and transferred from an older trailer to a newer one.
- Solution to the problem. It is a perfect solution to tow bumper towed trailers. These may be campers or toy haulers that can be used for transporting your offroad vehicles or even expensive cars.
- User-friendliness. The ProPride 3P® is designed in such a manner that it is user-friendly and simple to adjust. Once you get used to it, the ProPride 3P® is much simpler and easier to use than any other hitch.
- Towing capacity. A large vehicle is not required because the ProPride 3P® eliminates sway. Although having a massive vehicle isn't a perfect solution to sway on its own, we call this The Big Truck Myth. With ProPride 3P® you may tow your vehicle up to the maximum allowable weight.
There's a reason why it's worth the money - the value, contribution, and exceptional customer experiences it delivers are unparalleled. But most importantly, how much is your family worth to you? The ProPride 3P® is the only one that incorporates all of Jim Hensley's innovations. This is worth every penny!