The ProPride 3P® Jim Hensley Hitch is known for being the most advanced trailer sway-elimination hitch on the market. It is made with high-quality materials and features advanced welding techniques, including the use of four robotic welders. This ensures that every hitch is expertly crafted and built to last. Additionally, the ProPride 3P® Hitch has extra features not found in sway-control hitches and comes with a Lifetime Warranty. While it may cost more than some other options around, such as the outdated Hensley Arrow®, which costs around $3,200, it is worth the investment as it not only effectively eliminates trailer sway but also retains its value in the used market, often selling for more than $2,000.The price of the ProPride 3P Jim Hensley hitch is around $3,600. Friction-based solutions, which are a cheaper option preferred by some RV owners, do not provide the same level of sway control and may not be worth the cost in the long run.
The Jim Hensley Hitch's Evolution
First Generation: Eliminator
In 1972, Jim Hensley developed a prototype of his converging link hitch design. Four years later, after conducting a patent search and discovering that there were no similar designs in the patent office, he decided to move forward with his plans and formed a company called Central Innovative (CII) to manufacture and sell the Eliminator Towing System.
Second Generation: Hensley Arrow®
In 1993, Colin Connell became interested in the Eliminator hitch after using it on his travel trailer. He approached Jim Hensley, the inventor of the hitch, and obtained a license to manufacture it under his own company, Hensley Mfg. Inc. Based in Davison, Michigan, Hensley Mfg. Inc. began producing and selling the hitch, now known as the "Hensley Arrow® Hitch," in early 1994. Jim Hensley licensed the patent for the hitch to Colin Connell, and Central Innovative (CII), the company founded by Jim Hensley to manufacture and sell the Eliminator Towing System, continued to build hitches for Hensley Mfg. Inc. until the new company was able to ramp up production.
Most Advanced: ProPride 3P®
Jim Hensley continued to develop design improvements for his hitch, but these ideas were not implemented by Hensley Mfg. Inc. For this and other reasons, Sean Woodruff, the former Vice President of Hensley Mfg. Inc., decided to leave the company and start his own business called ProPride, Inc. In October 2007, Jim Hensley and Sean Woodruff collaborated to create the most advanced Hensley hitch design to date: the ProPride 3P®. Design improvements to the ProPride 3P® Hitch were added as recently as 2021.
The ProPride 3P® vs The Hensley Arrow® Innovations
Find out more about the advancements and innovations that have been made between the Hensley Arrow® and the highly advanced ProPride 3P® hitch.
Innovations Made for the Hensley Arrow®
- Dual Jack System for Weight Distribution
CAD drawing of the ProPride 3P®
Innovations Made for the ProPride 3P®
- Adjustable Hitch Bar (same equipment adjusts to any towing vehicle)
- Greater Hitch Bar Wedge and Hitch Box Angle (helps hitching and unhitching, less sticking)
- One Piece Yoke (does not allow pivoting on the ball)
- No Frame Drilling (no need to weaken the frame by drilling holes in it)
- Weight Distribution Hitch Location (more leverage, no possibility of bending the pin as with the Hensley Arrow®)
- Bolt In Spring Bars (they are bolted into the hitch head, less wear and they cannot fall out)
- Powder Coating Pre-Treatment (prevents chipping of paint and rusting)
- Thicker Control Links (the ones on the Hensley Arrow® often bend, these are under a great load and needed to be thicker)
- Thicker Hitch Box (the ones on the Hensley Arrow® often become warped and reduce effectiveness, the ProPride 3P® design solves the issue)
The Jim Hensley ProPride 3P® hitch boasts industry-leading design and innovation that is unparalleled.
Why should I buy the Jim Hensley hitch?
The ProPride 3P® Jim Hensley Hitch offers a range of benefits that can make your trips easier and more enjoyable. Some of its standout features include:
- Pivot Point Projection (3P) technology: This unique feature eliminates trailer sway caused by a variety of factors, including passing trucks, uneven road surfaces, and driver inputs.
- Enhanced safety: By eliminating sway, the ProPride 3P® Hitch makes traveling safer.
- Lifetime warranty: The ProPride 3P® Hitch comes with a Lifetime Warranty for the original purchaser, meaning that any damaged parts will be replaced at no cost.
- Long-lasting value: The ProPride 3P® Hitch is a high-quality product that is built to last, and it retains its value in the used market, often selling for more than $2,000.
Many people who have purchased the ProPride 3P® Hitch previously owned friction-based solutions, but they wish they had started with the ProPride 3P® Hitch from the beginning, as it effectively eliminates trailer sway. Get the latest and greatest Jim Hensley design on the market, which incorporates all of his innovations and is worth more than its cost. Don't skimp on your safety or the driving experience you desire – invest in the ProPride 3P® Hitch.
Subject to approval of credit application. Bread Pay™ loans are made by Comenity Capital Bank, a Bread Financial™ company.